Questions & Answers

Connecting to Sessions

Connecting to Sessions

by Bradley Power -
Number of replies: 1
Is there going to be a package sent out that will outline how exactly we are going to be connecting to the sessions?
In reply to Bradley Power

Re: Connecting to Sessions

by David Ball -
Brad, you must have missed the e-mail. I've posted the relevant sections here ...

Guidelines for On-lineSessions
  • The course will use GoToWebinar, a version of GoToMeeting for large groups. There will likely be around 40 meteorologists taking part from around the world.
  • Voice over Internet protocol (VOIP) will be used.
    • For optimum audio quality, we recommend a USB headset connected to your computer, or USB headphones and standalone microphone connected to your computer. Analog versions are okay, but not ideal. We have not had good results using the microphone and speakers built in to your laptop or USB Webcam.
    • Turn off any streaming media applications that may take up bandwidth and resource-intensive applications that may be taxing processor ability. Things like e-mail or instant messenger are constantly pinging the internet and they can compete with VOIP for bandwidth. Shut those down as well.
    • Electronic devices, such as Blackberries, can affect microphone and speaker devices. Move any electronic handheld devices away from your microphone and speakers.
    • A dial-up Internet connection can cause poor performance. For optimum performance when using VoIP, we recommend a broadband Internet connection. While you can use a wireless connection, it is recommended that you use a wired connection.
    • Find a place where it is quiet. It is surprising how much background noise can filter through. If you are in a room with a telephone, make sure it is muted.
    • Don’t be tempted to surf the web or do any work during the presentation. In fact, you should probably shut down all websites, but GoToWebinar, because many websites also ping the Internet for updates.
    • For live presentation sessions:
      • Before the live session, download a copy of the presentation to your local computer from the course website. Though we will be using GoToWebinar and the local copy will normally not be used, it can be run locally in case of a slow Internet connection or other technical difficulties. You can then at least follow along locally and change slides when prompted.
      • Log on to the presentation GoToWebinar session and dial in to the conference line at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start. This way, class can get started on time.
      • Be an active listener and participant. Write questions using the chat tool or ask them at appropriate times. Don't be shy to interrupt if the content is not being clearly presented. If you are not following it, other participants are most likely also having problems following it.
      • Introduce yourself when you begin speaking and ask your panelists to also identify themselves before speaking. Not everyone in the Webinar may know everyone else's voice.
    • Invitations will be sent out, but usually not until the week of the event. If we do it too early, we risk you overlooking it.
      • I will typically send the invitations out early Monday morning for the current week’s session.
      • Any PowerPoint presentations will be available the morning of the event or before.
    • Recordings will be available for all sessions, usually within an hour of their being made.
      • I had two options for the recordings: an GoToWebinar format and WMV format. I chose the latter, because the GoToWebinar format required that a codec be downloaded and I wasn’t sure that everyone had the necessary permissions.
      • These can be used in cases where the attendees are sick or cannot make a session because of scheduling issues. Obviously, they are not a perfect solution because questions of the panelists cannot be asked, but we did need the option to record.
      • If anyone is having technical difficulties, there is aTechnical Support Chat feature on the course website. I will be monitoring thatarea to see if there are any technical issues we need to overcome for 30minutes prior the each on-line event.